Saturday, November 19, 2011

This little light of mine...

For the millionth time in my life, I found something I could do nearly every day and probably happily turn into a side business. Each time I strumble upon a new craft or a technique that I could see working on all through the year for some type of craft booth, I name it. Today's endevor: "This Little Light of Mine Boutique".
Okay, so I won't quit my day job, but I do have to share what I made. I am aware that this technique is by no means new, but it is new to me; I've seen many candles with stamped images over the 12 years I've been stamping, but have never ventured so far as to figure out how to do it. After seeing my pal, Debbie's project, I dashed off to the dollar store to collect the supplies I needed. For $20, I am one happy stamper and hopefully everyone on my gift list will be too because I have 13 candles!;)
Enough yappin' girl, show us the goods:

Stampendous Stamp Set: "Snowy Short Stack" and Copics

Stampabilities Stamp from the 90's and Copics
The sentiment on the back of this one reads "Baked with love to warm your heart"

Penny Black Stamp-new release at Hobby Lobby this month
The sentiment on the back of this one reads "Snowmen fall from Heaven one flake at a time"

Penny Black Stamp-between 2001-2002
The sentiment on the back of this one reads "Merry Christmas" in scrollwork


I *NEED* to go to the store and buy some taller candles and some teeny tiny candles to keep playing with this technique...so many fun ideas! If you haven't tried this yet, DO IT! You won't be sorry!

Hugs and HOOTS,
<3 Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Your candles turned out so well! I wonder if you would share the directions for these? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryann, it's super simple. Stamp on the matte side of some gift wrapping tissue paper (white) using memento ink in tuxedi black. Colored the image using my copics in several layers, letting teh ink dry ink between allows for better shading. Then I layed the tissue paper on a blank white candel form teh dollar store, stamped and colored side down against the candel surface, covered this with a sheet of wax paper and heated it with my heat tool for a but to melt the tissue in place between the wax from teh candle and teh wax from the wax paper. Remove the wax paper and you can embellish the image with half back pearls and stickles. :)

    ReplyDelete